Learning Assistance Program
The Learning Assistance Program (LAP) offers supplemental services for K-12 students scoring below grade-level standard in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics. These services focus on accelerating student growth to make progress towards grade level and addressing barriers preventing students from accessing core instruction. They may include academic readiness skilldevelopment or behavior supports. LAP emphasizes research-based best practices designed to increase student achievement.
What do LAP programs offer?
- Extended learning time before or after the regular school day, on Saturday, beyond the regular school year
- Tutoring to include pull-out/push-in support that occurs during the school day
- Extended learning opportunities program grades 8, 11, 12 (graduation assistance).
- Professional development for educators working with LAP students on issues relevant to the needs of struggling learners
- Content/instructional coaches who work with teachers to accelerate growth for struggling learners.
For further information about the LAP program, please visit the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction website or contact Jill Timm at 509-826-0320 or firstname.lastname@example.org