Annual Notification Announcement
Highly capable students perform or show potential for performing at significantly advanced academic levels when compared with others of their age, experience, or environments. Learning characteristics include:
- Capacity to learn with unusual depth of understanding, to retain what has been learned, and to transfer learning to new situations
- Capacity and willingness to deal with increasing levels of abstraction and complexity earlier than their chronological peers
- Creative ability to make unusual connections among ideas and concepts
- Ability to learn quickly in their area(s) of intellectual strength
- Capacity for intense concentration and/or focus
A teacher, parent/guardian, student or community member who has knowledge of the student's abilities may refer a student for entry into Omak's Highly Capable Program. Referral forms are available in every school office, or you can complete a digital referral form.
Referrals must be completed by November 24, 2023. Parent/Guardian permission will be obtained before conducting any assessments for eligibility.