Parents' Right to be Informed
- Parents have the right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of each student’s classroom teachers or paraeducators. They may contact the building principal for this information. If you request this information the district will provide the following:
- Has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
- Is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
- Parents will be provided information on the level of achievement of their child on each of the state academic achievement assessments.