Kristin Lester, School Nurse
Student Health and Wellness
The school nurse is in each building one day a week performing a variety of duties including:
- Assessing student health needs
- Developing and monitoring student health plans
- Staff trainings for medication administration and health plans
- Supervising medication administration
- Coordinating health screenings (vision, hearing, dental)
- Overseeing maintenance of student health and immunization records
- Assessment of communicable diseases
School secretaries and paraprofessionals support each school and the school nurse by performing such tasks as dispensing medication to students, providing first aid to ill or injured students, phoning parents about health concerns, and documenting health room activity.
Please call Kristin with any questions or concerns about your student’s health, school health concerns or other health-related issues.
Last Modified on January 20, 2016